a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Fantastic sailing today

Started by alsantini, June 02, 2016, 07:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

This makes 3 great sails in a row.  First a evening sail complete with a beautiful sunset, then a steady 12-14 mph sail with 3 friends and today....  We left the dock at 10:00 with winds out of the NW of about 15 mph with full sails up.  The friend I was with (Tom) is an accomplished sailor so a little heeling was of no consequence to him.  And we did have some heeling.  Winds picked up to 18 or so and I was just about to put in a reef when we both said "Nah"  At one point the Eclipse made a high of 6.8 mph - not bad.  New GPS unit is fantastic and so easy to read even in the bright sun.  I know it was a good day since my desk here at home is still moving....

Salty19

Not bad!  That's 5.9 knots...that's very respectable indeed!
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

lkm

2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

alsantini

Figure a pic is in order and I will try out the new method....  Sunset over Pastakee Lake, northern Illinois

captronr

Great pic!

I went out to check my boat today (tarped in storage).  D*mn birds have built another nest above the boom where it rests next to the mast.  Last time  I brought the boat home to clean it up, there were two young birds in the nest when I untarped it.  The young 'uns flew off, but since the boat went back to the same spot, figure the same two built  a new nest.    I'm gonna have to put a 2nd tarp over the back end to try to seal it up a little bit.

Can't wait my till my hand heals and I can sail again.

Take Care,
Ron

"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain