Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Started by ChuckD, May 14, 2016, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuckD

I seem to have lost the ability to enhance someone's karma.
(Is there a button I'm not seeing in the new version?)
Tks!
s/v Walt Grace (CP16)
Sequim, WA

tmw

There is a good karma link right below the user name on the left. I have you another karma.

Salty19

Hi Chuck,

The admins had set the Karma feature to only allow users to add/delete Karma when one reached 50 posts.  It appears during the recent software upgrade the setting was changed back to 100 posts before a user can add/delete the Karma.  I just changed it back to 50 posts. Since you have less than 100, you lost that ability to alter Karma after the upgrade, but now you should be able to see it now that it's back to 50. 

In case you are wondering, there is a reason for the 50 post threshold.  Often new sailors are not necessarily pleased with the advice that some more experienced members give, and don't want to "listen" to advice that may be contrary with what they believe should be true.  For example, if a new sailor asks what handheld GPS they should use, and an experienced sailor tells them to use paper charts instead, or to forget the handheld (based on years of hard-earned lessons under their belt), this might upset the new guy and prompt negative Karma to the more experienced sailor.  The reality of that situation is the experienced guy really is offering the best advice that can be given, and doesn't deserve the negative Karma.  I hope that makes sense why we set the threshold to 50. 
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603