a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

#49 is heading North

Started by alsantini, March 07, 2016, 04:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

With all that is going on with Carol's Mom, we have decided that we need to be home.  So, we are beginning to pack up and should be out of here Monday or so.  It was a good sailing winter season - no complaints.  I would prefer staying here for another month but it is not in the cards and I cannot "send" my wife home.  We were here 10 weeks and I sailed 19 times.  Boat worked perfectly as predicted.   Next check in will probably be from Elgin, Illinois.  Sail on everyone....   Al

captronr

Enjoy the rest of your time there, and drive safely heading home.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

Vectordirector

Al,

Sorry we didn't get to sail together this winter.  19 times is more than I've been out this year as January was a wash out and I was "busy" with the power cat in February.  Got out sailing 3 times last week so it is getting better.  Had the cat out yesterday, great fun.   Too windy for me today so just hanging out.   

I may be heading north for a visit back to Chi-town in the summer.  I'll give you a heads-up if I do and maybe we can grab a cup o joe. 

Safe travels,

Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

GeorgeH

Al, Sounds like you got quite a bit of sailing as a snowbird.  Your story about mast up/down reminds us to PAY ATTENTION! to those details about sailing.  With the aging process, I don't get everything right all the time either.  Safe trip home, George and Pat
Eclipse #59
Lake Cayuga NY

kickingbug1

everyone is hoping to see you at this years CLR.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

alsantini

The plan for CLR is to bring the boat down the week before as we head to Texas for an automotive conference that I am working at.  Conference ends on Friday and CLR starts the following Monday so Carol and I should be there at the start.  We are looking forward to it.  Order up some good weather please....  Once we are closer I will contact the marina to make arrangements for the pre-CLR boat storage.  Sail on everyone.      Al