a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

new owner

Started by tmorgan, February 27, 2007, 02:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmorgan

My wife and I just purchased a Sun Cat which we will pick up in April at the factory.  We're looking forward to getting back into sailing after an nine year sabbatical.  After racing one designs for 25 years, we wanted a more stable boat that trailers easily.  Once we saw a Sun Cat and used the mastender system, we were sold.   

I plan to post to this forum often in the future as we begin sailing our Sun Cat.  I encourage other owners to do so as well.  I know in the last few months when I have been researching the boat, I wished a lot more owners had posted their experiences and knowledge about sailing a Sun Cat.  It would have helped us a lot in making our decision.  So, thanks in advance for your posts! :-)

patch

i 2nd your choice of the suncat.i looked at most other boats.the mast tender system was the deciding point.almost bought a precision 16 or 18 ft boat.thought of a mac 26.thats what is good about the internet.you can research almost any thing.very few used suncats out there.i  sail alone,so the suncat is the best choice for me.i have a sloop rigged boat,1/2 the time i don't even rig the jib.old and lazy.good luck with your suncat where iced in up here in nh.

suncat202

There seems to be more Sun Cat activity at this web site forum
http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/catboat/index.cgi