News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Transporting 27/2 from Texas to Nevada ( Lake Mead ) on a launch trailer?

Started by sailors2, November 25, 2015, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailors2

Is anyone available to move my 27/2 from Texas to Nevada, or does anyone have any transportation company suggestions? Moving Mid December through End of January.  Boat is not on a trailer or cradle.
This is my 1st  post.

NateD

It's unclear, do you have a trailer and just need someone to tow it? If that is the case, I've had luck using www.uship.com. If you don't have a trailer, you can still post it on uship, but I'm guessing the cost will be much higher to find someone with the specialized equipment.

sailors2

the boat doesn't have a trailer, nor does it have a cradle at this time.  thx for the reply, but i'm hoping for a different response.  i may get back to you on uship.

relamb

My trailer and cradle should be empty by Mid December, once I get the boat to Tampa, FL.
Although by the time you got it to texas and Nevada and back, you could have your own cradle fabricated and haul it on any trailer.

Rick
CP16 CP23 CP27
Zionsville, IN

sailors2

let me start by saying you have a great looking boat.  cradles.  i probably shouldn't have mentioned it.  let me explain.  here at lake mead, there is no travel lift or crane with a sling.  they do have a crane available that would easily handle this boat.  but, the boat has to go from a cradle to a trailer and then trailer to the water.  there is only one sailboat trailer from the club, or anywhere,  available for this and it is in use now for a couple of months.  so, i guess it has to be a sailboat  trailer to get it here.

thanks for the offer.  it was very, very thoughtful.  happy thanksgiving.

sailors2

relamb

That was the situation when I bought this boat, the marina had one trailer which they used to pull boats from the water.  They then picked them up from that trailer with the crane and sat them in their cradles.   The cradle came with the boat, they picked up both with the crane and sat it on my trailer.  I don't mind paying to have the boat launched and mast set up, the real problem is that I have to do it at a marina with the equipment, and I have to get slotted into their schedule.
Your best bet is probably to call a boat transport company. 
Rick
CP16 CP23 CP27
Zionsville, IN

Patrick

Quote from: relamb on November 26, 2015, 11:44:26 AM
My trailer and cradle should be empty by Mid December, once I get the boat to Tampa, FL.
Although by the time you got it to texas and Nevada and back, you could have your own cradle fabricated and haul it on any trailer.

Where in Tampa are you headed?  We just launched in Palmetto for the winter.
CP 27/2 - #169 - Sagacity - Peoria Heights, IL

relamb

I will likely go to St Pete, the Harborage Marina in the next week or two.
Rick
CP16 CP23 CP27
Zionsville, IN

sailors2

It looks like I might have the transport situation resolved with a rented trailer and commercial bumper tow.  thanks everyone for the responses.

relamb

Rick
CP16 CP23 CP27
Zionsville, IN

Salty19

Rick, he de-subscribed from the forum already so he can no longer reply.

Locking this thread.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603