a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Suncat collage

Started by Catawampus, November 21, 2015, 10:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Peter Dubé

Steve,

Good collage!. It wilted be cool to see each one off those pics full size. Sun Cats are such good looking boats. I'm always getting asked what kind of boat I am sailing. Sure hate that when it happens.....

Steve, what app do you use for your GPS trip tracking/recording?. I use the Navionics app which is pretty cool.

Peter
Compac Sun Cat
s/v Sun Daze
Vero Beach  FL

Catawampus

Peter,
Thanks! I have "full" size versions of those pictures. With the exception of the first two on the first row and the second one on the second row, (those three are me), I gathered the rest from the internet. Some are from Com-Pac's site. Others are from Sailing Texas, and yet others are from the Sun Cat Nationals postings. Oh, and lest I forget, some are from the West Coast (of Florida) Trailer Sailing Society's site. I encourage you to look around. Lots of great Sun Cat pictures are out there.
For navigation I have a garmin 76cx handheld gps. Gets great battery life from a pair of aa batteries. I do my plotting images using garmin's mapsource software. The Lake Murray micro sd map card was only $10. A couple of years ago I had several west marine gift cards left over from Christmas and birthday so I added the north america inland lakes sd card too for future trailering adventures. (The north america lakes card changed the land from white to gold as seen in the collage below.)

Catawampus

Here's my handheld garmin (during a recent windy beam reach.)

capt_nemo

I was a little disappointed not seeing any of these in the collage to represent Sun Cat sailing alternatives.

Bowsprit and all headsails designed and handmade by yours truly.

capt_nemo