a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Blue Suncat out on Charlotte Harbor Today

Started by Vectordirector, October 17, 2015, 04:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt_nemo

Anchor on second boat appears to be a DELTA (Plow type) not a FORTRESS!

Also ran across first boat at mouth of Alligator Bay when out in my 17' Bow Rider. Gave him a few suggestions about sail trim in light air. He said that he was having difficulty with the cut of his new sail 'cause the boom wouldn't clear the gallows at full hoist. When he pulled down the Downhaul as suggested, sail shape did improve a bit and the boom end went up slightly. Recommended a Topping Lift and that he have the foot recut at a slight angle from Tack to Clew if necessary.

capt_nemo

Tom Ray

Yes, Delta, not Fortress.

Did that guy say where he got the sail? Not clearing the gallows on a tack is a pretty serious problem.

I didn't get to talk to him long. Despite his superfast blue hull, my yellow AI was faster and I did not feel like slowing down. The race committee boat was my target and they put it way down there S and W of marker one. Where dragons lurk.

Coming back in Alligator Bay, I was going faster than I ever have before and it felt like something would break. This video ends just at a good part because I had to put the camera down to regain control of the boat.

https://vimeo.com/143325063