a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

raw water pump replacement

Started by legends117, August 10, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legends117

Hi y'all,  I have been spending a lot of time in my engine compartment and have slowly been correcting drip, leaks, seeps and other announces.   But, I have found a leak at my seawater pump, which I beleive means it needs rebuilt or replaced. Westerbeke doesn't make that pump any longer,  so I have to change, and was wondering if anyone had a Westerbeke to Johnson interchange list.  Seems buying the Johnson part is a lot less expensive than the red one.  Thanks much.
- JD Johnson
Panama City Beach, FL
Com-Pac 25, Hull #9
S/V Dutch Roll (from the previous 2 owners, & before that she was "somewhere up North" called Stella Bella)

moonlight

Would certainly help if you posted the pump number you do have...
~Moonlight

legends117

Quote from: moonlight on August 11, 2015, 12:05:59 AM
Would certainly help if you posted the pump number you do have...
~Moonlight

Sorry about that.  It is for a Westerbeke 12C Two; Originally the part was 033636, but I believe the pump assembly has been updated to a number 048080. - JD
- JD Johnson
Panama City Beach, FL
Com-Pac 25, Hull #9
S/V Dutch Roll (from the previous 2 owners, & before that she was "somewhere up North" called Stella Bella)

Tom L.

Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

Tom L.

For got to say. After you get to the link click on substitute.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat

legends117

Quote from: Tom L. on August 11, 2015, 09:42:39 AM
For got to say. After you get to the link click on substitute.

Thanks Tom, that was helpful! - JD
- JD Johnson
Panama City Beach, FL
Com-Pac 25, Hull #9