a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

help needed with a measurement

Started by copcardrvr, August 26, 2015, 09:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copcardrvr

I completely gutted my hurricane damaged CP19 Mk3 and have it nearly all back together. I took extensive photos of the interior before I gutted it but I don't have a shot of where the 4 six-foot teak trim strips go on the hull/deck joint. I had to re-glass the vertical support strips that the shorter trim strips screw into (they pulled off when I removed the old soggy, mildewed carpet) and have that all done and the trim strips are reinstalled,  but the 6 footers (2 on starboard and two on port) that cover the hull/deck joint are still laying on the setees because I can't figure out where they go.

The hull to deck joint is well over 12 feet long so the strips obviously don't cover the whole joint but since I glassed and painted over the old screw holes and I don't have a photo of them, I can't remember where exactly they are supposed to go. Since they are non structural, I suppose I could put them anywhere, but I would really like to put them back where they belong.

If any CP 19 owner could help me out with a photo or measurement of where the strips go, I'd greatly appreciate it. Maybe I'll get the thing splashed before the snow flies.