a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Video

Started by rbh1515, July 02, 2015, 10:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh1515

Have my parents in town from Seattle.  The 6 of us went out on Lake Michigan.  Had north winds, 12-14 knots, so we stayed inside the breakwater.  Had a great sail.  Had room to spare in the 10 foot plus cockpit.  I'm amazed how well the boat handles the winds on Lake Michigan.  Have been out in winds 10 to 20 knots and have not had to reef. 
http://youtu.be/_AzWtGlsyv4
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

rbh1515

Craig

Looking good! Thanks for the videos. The HDC is probably one of the best daysailers out there! Like Mary Poppins, "Practically perfect in every way". One would have to have a 30 footer to have that much cockpit space. What do you think of the performance? How is the Boomkicker working for you? Kailani is getting splashed later today after getting a bottom job, detailing and an oil change. Anxious to be on the water again. Have a great 4th and did I hear you say it was 57 deg? Brrrr! Will be 92 here today. Typical Fl summer temp here in SW FL.
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

deisher6

Nice video's thanks.  Provide motivation to get our boat back into the water.
regards charlie

rbh1515

Craig,
I'm very impressed with the performance and how she handles in our local winds.  She also points very well!
Yes, it was 57F out on the water yesterday...unseasonably cool.  But it was sunny.
Hope to get some drone videos soon with my friend's drone.
Rob

Tom L.

We had 97 yesterday. Trade you a few degree.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat