News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Leaving Anacortes WA this weekend for two weeks in the San Juans and Gulf Island

Started by Tney88, September 01, 2015, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tney88

We'll be aboard Paradiso, our CP-27, for two weeks starting on September 6th, putting in at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes.  We will be in the San Juan Islands of WA and the Gulf Islands of BC.  If you want to follow our trip, I set up a FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/SVParadisoComPac27?ref=bookmarks or you can search on FB for SV Paradiso.  I will also post some pics here when we get back.  I know there's not a lot of Com-Pacs here on the left coast, but if you are out this way, that area has some of the finest cruising grounds around.

Terry Ney
CP 27 "Paradiso"
Veneta, OR
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

fried fish

Say hi for me to the orca families if you see them.
What a wonderful archipelago of islands!
Beautiful beautiful.
I was part of a week long kayak expedition camping excursion there a couple of years ago.
Hope the weather is kind,
Fred

frank

HAVE FUN!!   simply beautiful cruising grounds!!
I'll be flying west on Sept 20th to cruise just a bit farther north.
Love it out there!!
Enjoy!
Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

AislinGirlII

Greetings from Aislin Girl II - and the first mate who spent most of her youth in the Anacortes area (father was USCG) is most envious !

rbh1515

Make sure you go to Sucia, it's my favorite of the islands.  I almost named my last boat Sucia until I looked up the meaning!!  Another favorite is Garrison Bay with the English camp and a great hike up the hill(forget the name)...the views are spectacular.  My only gripe with the SJ's is that the winds can be so light and variable, especially in the summer.
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End