a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Off the Wind is packed....

Started by alsantini, April 04, 2017, 01:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsantini

Well, all good things come to an end or at least get moved North.  The boat is ready for long distance travel.  Sails off, anchor off, Bimini off.  Even the shrouds are off the mast and in the cabin.  The outboard is in the Acadia in a contractor's bag.  Basically only have the mast, boom and furler on deck.  Everything else is stowed.  Looking at all the stuff my lovely wife is bringing home I suspect Off the Wind will be pressed into service. Nice to have the extra space of the cabin to carry "stuff."
Be on the road for a few days and then boat will go into storage for a couple of weeks with me doing some maintenance on her.  She should be in the fresh water of Pistakee Lake, Illinois by the end of April or beginning of May.
If I had to rate the sailing season this winter in SW Florida I would give it a 9 out of 10.  Good winds, warm sunny days and lots of Gulf or Charlotte Harbor sailing.  I launched 17 times this winter plus sailed on a buddy's P-23, so no shortage of sailing.  Plus the 3 night sail to Cabbage Key to round out the winter.  Cool.  Sail On everyone.  Getting those Eclipse boats ready for summer?
Al

kickingbug1

as you come north we would love to have you for a visit and maybe a daysail on carlyle lake (on our boat of course). give us a hail
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"