I finished building a cockpit table, wanted to show it off:

Terry Ney  __/)  __/)
Com-Pac 27 "Paradiso"
Veneta, OR
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

waterwheels

Looks awesome, should make dinning out very comfortable. Quality hardware too.
Do the middle holes hold your binoculars?

Don

Tney88

Thanks, Don.  Actually the small holder was on the boat when we bought her last year.  I added everything below that, that's why you see the heavier reinforcing piece attached to the underside of the drink holder.  The middle opening can hold binoculars or two drink containers....sort of multi-function. 

Terry
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

BobK

That table is beautiful.
BobK

frank

Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

cw021382

Good job!  The table looks very nice.  Now you just need to come make one for me.  I have the top piece on the pedestal of my 23 as well, but no table. 

Tney88

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.  I've really enjoyed combining two of my hobbies (sailing and woodworking) into one project.  Funny, I just noticed in the last picture that the first mate photo-bombed me....got his head in the lower right corner of the pic....that's Thomas, he's our sailor dog!

Terry Ney
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

PalmettoSailor

Just lovely! what is that wood?  love the grain, not a wood expert. Admire your skill, though.

Tney88

Thanks!  The wood is Jatoba, otherwise known as Brazilian Cherry.  It matches pretty well with the teak, but costs about 1/3 the price.  And the plugs for the screw holes are walnut, because....well, because that's what I had, and I thought the contrast looked good.

Terry Ney
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

MomentSurf

SouthernNomad

Looks fantastic!

May I ask what you used to stain and seal your cockpit table with?
And if you don't mind, what did you stain and seal your exterior teak with?

S. Nomad

Tney88

I didn't use any stain on the jatoba, it's just the natural color.  Same with the teak.  I use Minwax Helmsman spar varnish in clear gloss for finish:

http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/clear-protective-finishes/interior-exterior/minwax-helmsman-spar-urethane

Terry
Terry Ney
CP 27 "SV Paradiso"
Veneta, OR

SouthernNomad