a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Eclipse owner in Canada too eh!

Started by waterwheels, November 17, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedStrat

Great job Don. Good idea with the dowels for collapsible storage. I'm making a screen for the top piece only but what I like about your design is that fact that it will store and also that you could carry along a piece of plexiglass  to throw in if it rains in the middle of the night or want. Some light in but no air. Good work..
-Ted

s/v 'Helios' - Eclipse.....Huntington, Long Island NY

waterwheels

Thanks fellows. If you are planning on a piece of plexiglass to keep out rain you should also angle or shiplap the drop boards to let the rain run out instead of in. I was just planning on taking my original drop boards for rain.......but now you got me thinking....

Don
"Living Water"

alsantini

Don.  Is the Eclipse ready for the summer sailing season?  Time to fill us all in on activities.  I have made it back from Florida where I sailed all winter on my Eclipse.  Off The Wind will go into the water for the summer, or at least part of it, next week.   She is all set, waxed and ready to go.  Love your screen - I need to do the same thing on my boat.      Al

waterwheels

Al,

Thanks for asking. I am afraid I am not quite ready to launch yet. Winter is really hanging on up here. They are calling for -3C (26F) by the end of the week again. We still have lots of ice on the lake, although last nights east wind blew it all over to the Michigan side of the lake.

Still waiting on my 6hp Tahatsu sailpro, which should be in by the end of the week (I hope)
Started waxing and got my Ontario registration numbers on today. Then loading up some gear and get her launched.

Don

waterwheels

Still waiting for spring......I guess I won't be sailing today.

Don
Living Water