a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Getting some work done at MastHead Enterprises

Started by hoddinr, March 31, 2015, 01:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoddinr

Talked with Paul Silvernail of Masthead Ent. in St Petersburg about having some work done on Nomad.
He's going to get back with me on prices, but I'm having a Tiller Pilot installed, a battery charger put in, and a storage cover made.

I called Jerry (Gerry?) at ComPac, and he said they could do it, but I'd have to leave the boat there for a month, because they're so busy with new deliveries etc.

Great to know that the company is doing so well!

I'll let you know how Masthead performs on these items.  Getting the boat ready for the Florida 120 in May!

Ron

relamb

I had them do some sail repair about 18 months ago for my CP 23, great work and cheaper than I had expected.
Rick
CP16 CP23 CP27
Zionsville, IN

hoddinr

Paul mentioned that a loose footed sail may perform better on a SunCat than the standard sail, and that you could probably induce more draft in the sail with it.
He quoted a price of $750 for a standard SunCat sail. 

Ron

capt_nemo

hoddinr,

"IF" I were keeping my Sun Cat, and "IF" I needed to replace the main'sl, I would DEFINITELY consider a loose-footed main'sl replacement - for all of the sail shape adjustment advantages afforded by same.

capt_nemo

Tom L.

OK I understand most of the advantages of a loose foot. But just wondering what are the draw backs?

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat