a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

LOST MESSAGE: Lines fouling on mast & new bimini design

Started by TR2020, November 04, 2005, 11:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR2020

I think your message of Nov 2nd was lost.....     along with my reply.  I am interested in the design of your larger bimini.  Where does it attach to the boat ?  Does it mount on the arch ?  Does it interfere with access to the deck ?  

When coming about the lines and genoa occasionally snag the front of the mast... usually at the point where the gin pole/mast raising apparatus connects.  This is most likely to occur when the Genoa is completely unfurled.  I usually reach over and pull the black rollerfurler cord up a little..  rolling the Genoa in a short ways so it passes the mast and then let it snap back in place.  Your idea of fitting a cover over this portion of the mast seems like a good idea....   Less maneuvering when single-handed.  

Hope you find this..  you may have to re-register.  
Tim

ragram

I think the message lost was mine- the web registration was fouled for quite a while but seems to be straightened out now. I have a picture of my Eclipse with the bimini on it, although not rolled out. I'd be glad to email it to you. I don't see any way to attach it to this email.  You can email me at ralphgraham@msn.com.
      I am trying different covers for the mast where the  jib lines foul, but haven't yet hit the best solution.
    I enjoy my eclipse a bunch. I usually single-handle it and am glad it's pretty easy to do.
     Ralph

Skip_956

I had the same problem when I first got my Eclipse.  The only answer I have found so far is to put a piece of cloth around the mast and over the gin pole and mast lock pin.  I used a large velcro piece I bought at Acadamey and it works very well, no more problems.  I also have the bimini on my eclipse, it attaches to the boom gallows arch and has telescoping poles that support the leading edge.  It is not very big but comes in very handy on those hot days.  It makes going forward a little more difficult but really doesn't interfer.