a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Water storage

Started by hoddinr, December 27, 2014, 08:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoddinr

I put a milk carton to hold water jugs in the port cockpit locker, but am a little concerned that they my break the cockpit drain tube that sticks out as it goes toward the drain.  Anyone have any problems with that?

Ron

ontarioSuncat

My folding Crates are below the drain tubes. After 8 years of cruising with the Sun Cat (5 weeks, 30 nights at anchor each year) we never had an issue with the drain lines. We haul the 5 gallon water bag out, and the spare anchor on the other side. They seem to be strong. I only need the water out when I am filling the hard sided jug on deck. It may seem unusual to keep the water in the cockpit but it sits real good just in front of the fuel locker. Then at anchor it sits on the rear seat on the starboard side of the tiller, tipped ready to use. Forgot to say that I place it in the "washing up" Rubbermaid tub when sailing. Along with the scrubby, small container of dish soap, and the fly swatter down the side and corners. I cook in the cockpit up against the port side cabin on the one burner butane. 
I made cockpit floor boards from deck tiles that look like slates of wood attached to a plastic grid (12"x12") and snap together. This keeps the water that comes up the CB tube off my feet.