a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Florida Gulf Favorites

Started by Steady1, December 25, 2014, 09:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steady1

It's been 8 weeks since we left Virginia aboard our CP27 but we finally made Fort Myers the other day, in time for Christmas.  Kate & I are VERY pleased to be here, enjoying the sun and warm temperatures.  We'll stay here a few more days but then what?  If you sail this area, please let us know what harbors / anchorages you think are the best / ones not to miss, etc.

Thanks!

Bill
CP27/2 Steadfast
Hallieford, VA
Bill
1997 CP27/2
Mathews, VA

Bob23

OK already.
   Now that you're here can you please let me out of the starboard lazzerette? I can only live on Dark and Stormies for so long. A Guiness now and then might be nice. I've followed the blog since I missed you in Maine and I appreciate the well written entries...makes me feel like I'm along for the ride. Hopefully after your return trip up north, we can get together again. Just bought some Maine Root for D&S's tonight after dinner. Santa says I'm a bad boy...but what does he know? He pretends to fly a sled pulled by reindeer...seems like he's the one hitting the Gosslings!
Blessings,
Bob23

HeaveToo

Keep an eye out for a Hunter 356 named "Java."  That is a friend of mine, also from Virginia, named Jim.  Great guy who is down in that area right now.  You will probably hear him for a ways a way because he is a trip. 

Java is heading south towards Marathon, I think.  He wants to get down to the keys.

Someday I want to do this same trip.  Good luck!
Døyr fe, døyr frender
Døyr sjølv det sama
men ordet om deg aldreg døyr
vinn du et gjetord gjevt

Steady1

Roger. Wilco. Tho' I doubt we'll get down to the Keys, we'll keep a sharp look-out and report all sightings.

Out.
Bill
1997 CP27/2
Mathews, VA