Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Order Placed!

Started by Lazar, November 06, 2014, 01:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazar

Howdy all,

Newbie here. Ordered HC hull #ABV20106K415 on October 24th. Expect to accept delivery around February 1, 2015, at Hutchins' Clearwater factory...we live nearby. Truck is already idling in the driveway; I'm ready.

After visiting Craig and his lovely wife - a most gracious couple - aboard their HC, Kailani at Laishley Marina in Punta Gorda, we decided the Horizon Cat was perfect for us. Craig has done a great job outfitting Kailani for single-handing. Nice boat...

rbh1515

Did you check out their new Horizon model... The Horizon Day Cat?  That's what I ordered.
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

Lazar

Yeah, I did. Nice boat, but we wanted to do some overnighting. We sail in the Keys a bunch, or rather we've been motoring in the Keys of late. The HC will be the first sailboat we've had in a few years. Looking forward to February and March..the best Florida Keys months.

rbh1515

Sounds like the HC is the best for you!  It's a great looking boat.  Rob

Salty19

Congratulations to you both!

I really like all the Horizon Cats.  Hopefully will get a chance to sail one someday to see if moving up from a CP19 would be a good move or not...

Let the waiting commence...it's going to be a long winter for your guys! :)
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

we have to coax one to the clr
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

rbh1515

Craig

Thanks for the kind words Larry! We really enjoyed showing you Kailani and are excited for you and Sandra. The HC will be a great boat for the keys or just about any where the water is thin. I can't recall whether you opted for the diesel or the OB version. What color is the hull going to be? Thought of you guys when I was on the Harbor the other day. The sailing season has arrived and you should take delivery in time to enjoy mid winter and spring. Actually June here is not bad also if the Lovebug hatch isn't too bad. Keep us all posted!
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Lazar

Hello Craig.. Had to have the diesel. We decided on the standard white, but bought almost every other option. Plus, I'm for certain installing a Boomkicker. Still pondering sail handling options. Likely going with lazy jacks - don't really like sailing with sail bag deployed, however, still thinking about it. Certainly simplifies matters.

You're right, the season has begun, which makes the wait until February even worse. Have fun, today is perfect..