a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Nice sail yesterday!

Started by Craig, November 06, 2014, 01:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig

Went to the marina yesterday to do some work on Kailani. My intent was to clean her up a little, do a couple of simple projects, and not spend a lot of time since I had an afternoon commitment. Alas, I succumbed to the call of the wind and went out for a sail. Wind was about 8-10 knots, the temps were in the mid-70's with clear skies and little wave action. Perfect! Every time I go out I love the boat a little more! She is set up perfectly for single handing with the Boomkicker and the Mack Pack. Sail goes up and down with ease and not having to mess with sail ties is great. I am glad we opted for the Diesel. Love having to just turn the key to power up and the 2 cyl Yanmar is relatively quiet, smooth and economical. Even if there is no wind, powering about the Harbor and Peace River is still pleasant. Of all the boats I have had Kailani is my favorite (and I have had some great boats). She is the right boat for the time and lifestyle we have now. Oh well, my chores still await but as Ratty said to Mole: "Nothing, but nothing, is half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats!". Amen to that!
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Vectordirector

Hi Craig,

Well, I finally made it down here and am looking forward to meeting  up and having a sail. Went for a cruise last week with Don on his bayliner.  We circled the harbor and then headed in to Laishley where I saw your boat.  Very pretty, by far the prettiest boat there.   I'm a retired free spirit and rarely have any plans.  My house is 10 minutes in from Ponce.  Left then second Left all the way down 3 houses in on La Mancha Ct.  Give me a call or text at 815-355-0749 or an email @ bhobgood@natca.net and let's get together when you have time.  Sorry I missed you in July.  It was a quick in and out, but now I'm here to stay. (except for Christmas, I'll be heading back to Chicago for a week or so).  Al Santini, another Eclipse owner, out of Nokomis, via Chicago, just arrived today as well.  Here we come!

Vectordirector

AKA
Bryan
2005 Eclipse #23  Sold

Craig

Hi Bryan, Welcome back to PG! I know you had a full plate the last time you were here but we can catch up soon. I'll shoot you an Email today.
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL