a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Waiting Is Hell...

Started by Lazar, November 21, 2014, 12:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazar

...bought an anchor...had to do something.

Tim Gardner

Now go out in your back yard, sit in a little red wagon, and kedge yourself about. ;)}

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

rbh1515

Put together a folder with all the stuff you need to get at the next boat show for a discount.  I'm going to go to the Chicago show in January:
Torqeedo 1003
Boomkicker
things for lazy jacks
etc
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

Lazar

Already bought everything I can imagine...and kedging up to the store didn't help. But, I did learn something...Manson Supreme anchors do not hold well on concrete..

Craig

Larry, Did you ever get my Emails? I sent several, the first re your eyeballing the Boomkicker setup. I did get yours but got no reply to mine. Cheers, Craig
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Lazar

Quote from: Craig on November 22, 2014, 10:52:31 AM
Larry, Did you ever get my Emails? I sent several, the first re your eyeballing the Boomkicker setup. I did get yours but got no reply to mine. Cheers, Craig

Hello Craig,

I don't understand the email problem. I did go back and check all of my spam software settings and reset everything to default position. Then I reentered your address in the 'friendly fire' file. That should do it...at least I selfishly hope so...I need to ask about four hundred more questions over the next couple of months.

Larry

Bob23

You could make handmade gifts for all your CPYOA friends here. That should help with all your free time!
How about chart studying? Or learning celestial navigation? HenryC here has produced some great material for learning and you have the time. Why not? There are a million things to do.
Bob23

Lazar

Chart studying... Pretty much have the Florida coast I sail figured out. Celestial navigation...forty years a student. And I ain't the least bit inclined toward crafty pursuits. I can make bent nails.

Nothing helps...but I'm going speckled perch fishing tonight - crappies to you yankees - sip a bit of good French brandy and dark coffee with a couple of my Polk County redneck cousins. Flying to the Keys tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days to check my buddy's stone crab traps.. Jesus...love 'em. I may get a gallon of claws out of the deal.

Then...my sixteen year old granddaughter and her "best bud" are arriving from Savannah Friday and staying until the 8th of January. That'll get 'er done...should take my mind off everything other than filicide. The remainder of January I'll just sit and wonder what the heck just happened...then it's delivery day...after which a week shakedown in the Kissimmee chain (my backyard) and off to the Keys. We're ready..