- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Suncat to Moosehead Lake Maine

Started by frank, July 04, 2014, 09:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank

Small boats: God's gift to young boys and older men

wordnut

Thanks for the link. Moosehead looks great. I was up in Winter Harbor recently, without a boat, unfortunately.  Maine is a beautiful place in the summer. I think when I get another boat, it'll be a Suncat.

frank

Moosehead is tuly beautiful...and huge!  It's 30 miles x 12 with tons of bays and islands.....all surrounded by mountains. That was my 3rd 1000mile rd trip there in 6 yrs.  You would love a suncat for trailersailing...can't get simpler/easier at a ramp. They sail better than you'd expect and are beamy with good cockpit and interior room.

Craig

Speed aside,the Suncat is about as good as it gets for a trailer sailer of it's size! All of what Frank said and great looking to boot! We loved ours and moved to the Horizon Cat mainly because we have a slip and I wanted the diesel with electric start.
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

frank

Yep...they certainly do have pretty lines! She was the "talk of the town" while docked at Greenville. I should have had brochures!!  Several people daily came down to ask what it was and where are they made. A side note is I had to replace my trailer bearings before this trip. It "may" have been self inflicted by pumping to much into the bearing buddies and breaking the seal (grease all over the wheels after last trip) or it may have simply been the 1000's of miles I have put on it. (about 12000 to date). Amazingly the tires still look great! Its a fine day here at home...once I hit "post" and shut off the computer, we're off to the ramp and a good sail on the Ottawa River here. Should be a great day! Our Golden Retriever loves the boat :-)