a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

trailer tires and fenders

Started by jdklaser, April 11, 2017, 11:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdklaser

Looking to replace tires and fenders for a Performance brand trailer for our Sun Cat    Tires are 2.0x8.00-10 low profile and can be found  Fenders (wide) are another matter.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Mike K

I have a place near me in Delaware called "Eastern Marine" that has lots of tires and trailer parts.  Been going there for years.  They do a lot of web based business too.  They call themselves the "Trailer Parts Superstore".  Walking through the place, it seems very true.

https://www.easternmarine.com/
Mike K.  2015 Eclipse  Previously owned Com-Pac Legacy, Precision 21, MacGregor 21 Seaward 25

Tom L.

I also used eastern marine for replacement tires. I bought the tires mounted on galv. rims. In addition I used Load range "E". The factory tires were right on the edge for the weight of the boat and trailer. Load range "E" gives some added safety factor.

If you order tires only make sure you have a local shop that can handle the really small wheel.

Tom L.
Present boat, Menger 19 "Wild Cat"    O'Day 25, Montego 25, Catalina 30, Tartan 37, Catalina 380, Mariner 19, Potter 19, Sun Cat