a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

27/2 parts for sale

Started by Bruce, February 26, 2007, 12:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

I just purchased a 1986 ComPac 27/2 for parts. I now own a 1987 27/2 and purchased the salvage boat for the cushions, four more portholes, cabin top traveler and some teak components. All else for sale (including complete boat). Do not think it will ever float again but then again how ambitious are you? I will not cut up this fine boat unless I absolutely have to. Help me out here, buy what's left. Mast, boom and both sails all good (my boat has brand new sails). Contact me for info.......many pictures of boat available. Boat is located in South Eastern New England.
Thank You
Bruce
Allure II

jimyoung

Bruce,

I am intrested in several parts on the boat and messaged you via e-mail.  Since then I have thought of several other parts of the boat I would like to have for spare parts.  Where can I see pictures so I can see what is and is-not there?

Jim

John Laton

I'm in Milford CT and was wondering how close this boat was located.. I just purchased an 89 27/2 and may be looking for some items.

Thanks,

John

ComPacAllure

Hi:
Boat is located in Fall River, MA. Just been to COLD to work on it.

Leroy Gordon

Am buying a 1987 c27 and may need a head sail, would like to maintain contact via email until i sort out this boat// Leroy

Bruce

Hi:
Recently removed the head sail and furler system from the boat. Overall lenght of system is 32 feet 4 inches. Have not seen a system like this, it appears to replace the head stay instead of sliding over it. Does anyone know what brand it is? I still have not had a chance to do much with this parts boat. I have been so busy trying to get my Catalina 25 ready to sell and the Com-Pac 27/2 ready to sail. It has been insane working on two boat simultaneously. I can not tell the condition untill I can get help to unfurl it to check it out.......keep in touch.
Bruce

jimyoung

Bruce,

What you are describing sounds like the furling system that I have on my boat.  It is made by Harken and is touted to be both a furling and reefing system, although the "pocket" really goes to hell when reefing. All in all it has served me well and I have never had a bit of problems with it.  If you would like to have photocopies of the manual drop me an e-mail and I will get it off to you.

Jim