a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

SunCats in the South East

Started by Mike Howell, May 27, 2014, 03:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Howell

I'm wondering if there are any SunCats (or any Catboats) in the South Eastern part of the country. I sail out of St Marys, GA.

Mike Howell
St Marys GA

SunCat

capt_nemo

Mike,

OK. Glad to help start the list. May lead to Sun Cat SE Regionals someday!

Don Nemetz
Port Charlotte, FL
Sun Cat "Frisky"

AKA capt_nemo

reedtg3

Tom Reed
The Villages, FL
Sun Cat "Cattail"

oddduck

Dennis Marshall
Crystal River, FL
Sun Cat Odd Duck

Currently fabricating my "cheap, dirty and door-less" version of the storage module designed and built by Don Nemetz about two years ago.  I remembered your post, Don, searched for "module" and viola!  I must have climbed in and out of the boat about twenty-eleven times by now and still a long way to go!  Thanks!

Dennis

BruceW

Oddduck,

You must be a frugal guy. Back in the day, I kept hearing about 30-leven, and then with inflation 40-leven, and hear you are talking about 20-leven; dang, that must have come from  back when an exaggeration meant something!
Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

capt_nemo

oddduck,

Dennis, so good to hear from you!

If you have any questions about the Storage Module feel free to ask - with the understanding that no two Sun Cats are exactly alike, measured dimensions are not consistent, and there are few, if any, right angles aboard!

Stay in touch.

capt_nemo

oddduck

Thanks, Don.  I did have a lot of questions but going back to your pics and explanation I finally figured out what I needed to.  About right angles - there are only WRONG angles.  I ended up cutting a lot of cardboard templates et al.  I also built the center step/drawer unit you designed a couple of years ago and almost had to take it out to get my new shelving unit to fit into its place. 

Bruce - As far as "back in the day" - yeah...  waaaaay back!  Remember when we could say "it's just common sense!"  ;)

Dennis

capt_nemo

oddduck,

Dennis, just remember to treat us with PHOTOS- and now I'll quit hijacking this important thread!

capt_nemo

Catawampus

2002 Suncat "Catawampus" South Carolina

Mike Howell

Where in SC? I lived in Beaufort and have sailed on Lake Murray and Lake Wylee.

Mike Howell
St Marys. GA
Sun Cat