a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Howdy and Thanks

Started by Rafici, January 21, 2016, 01:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafici

Howdy all,     I'm in the process of purchasing an 02 CP25.    Reading through these forums helped sway my decision to move up from my Precison 23.    So thanks all for the information that you have posted.     Hopefully on a slip this summer lake Rathbun Ia. and hoping for a jump to the Apostle islands for a week.....   More to come.

Restharrow

You will LOVE IT.  I own hull #5.  It's a great cruising boat.  Only complaint with us is the V-berth is smaller than what we had on the CP 23 we owned - and we aren't giant people - 5'6".
But it sure is nice to have standing headroom, galley, and enclosed head with shower!!  We're beginning to anxiously plan an extended cruise in Maine this summer.

Steve
Lake Champlain VT
and Coast of Maine
CP 25
Lake Champlain, Vt. and coast of Maine
FaceBook RestHarrow Farm and Boatworks

Rafici

Deal is done, sign papers and take possesen middle of February. Then a 450 mile tow home.     Getting excited and a head full of adventurous ideas.

Bob23

Welcome Rafici to the forum and congrats on the ownership of a CP 25! In my area, there is only 1 around. I am always amazed at how much is packed into such a small boat. And trailerable, too.
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
Bob23 and "Koinoina", 1985 23/2  from NJ.

Restharrow

Congrats!!  We towed ours from Wyoming behind a Ford Excursion to Vermont.  No problems what-so-ever.
Steve CP25
Lake Champlain and
Coast of Maine
CP 25
Lake Champlain, Vt. and coast of Maine
FaceBook RestHarrow Farm and Boatworks

Ron

congrats on the 25-we are very happy with ours, the outboard model such as ours is not a great performer in tight spots with a wind. Hey Bob, hope you are counting us in Northern Barnegat.
Ron

Bob23

Ron and all:
  Stay tuned for up and coming info and dates for the 2016 Barnegat Bay Bash! We are still hashing dates around. Both kinds of sailors are welcome: Compac owners and those who wish they were!
Bob23

Dogboy

Welcome!  I'm at Red Rock.  Good to see another 25 in Iowa!  Trip looks great too.  My family are not keen on open water (kids are 11,9 & 6 and wife is a bit afraid of water), but we will head up to Walker, MN this summer for a week on a "big" little lake.
1990 23/3D - my fathers boat - Sold
2010 Sunday Cat - Sold
2008 Compac 25 - Sold
Current: Hobie 16 & Hobie TI -
Looking for a Horizon Cat or HDC

Rafici

Learned to water ski on Redrock,  have some rather fuzzy memories from camping there back in my teen years.
Haven't been there in 2 years, last couple times I went the wait at the ramps was redicuolus.