a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Workin'Hard.......

Started by peterg, April 09, 2014, 11:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

The past week I have been setting up some new systems prior to launching Beagle3. I wanted to make sure everything is working smoothly, then I'll downrig the boat and take her to Deltaville to be travel-lifted into the water. Today's projects included fitting the mainsail drop bag and lazy jacks and making sure the main hoisted and dropped smoothly. I bought a new hank-on jib from a fellow on the forum and converted it to a furling jib by removing the hanks and grommets, trimming off the luff rope, and sewing #5 luff tape to the sail. Put it on the furler this morning and she fits and works great. This smaller headsail will be great in the early and late sailing here on the Chesapeake- generally when we have some decent wind. We brought the boat home in thirty knots and that was a bit much for the genoa, even furled a bit. Couple more small tasks to complete, then we're off and sailing!

Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

jthatcher

looking great!   it sure was fun chatting with you folks  in Lambertville..  that seems like forever ago!    Good luck with your first sail..  jt

Eagleye

Hi Peter,
Beagle 3 is looking great.  Is that green grass I see in those pics?  It is an inspiration to us northern folks...there is hope for spring.  The snow banks here are being particularly stubborn this year but they will soon be gone.  It was nice meeting you in Lambertville and maybe Beagle 3 and the Madame will meet up someday also...if Koinonia doesn't get jealous! 

-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

Ok..Iv'e had enough!!! Don't be fooled into PeterG's "working hard". Yeah, he's real busy down in Virginny drinking bourbon and eatin' figs while he makes Admiral Becky rake the yard. What a guy!
btw, are those Sunbrella covers on your grabrails? Yeah, I thought so.
Little known fact: I met Peter and Becky at the very first BBB here in NJ where I tried to steal his wife! He's forgiven me and we remain good friends to this day. Another friendship which started as a result of hanging around on this forum.
P: The boat is looking great. I wish I could say I'm that far ahead but my addiction to work is holding me hostage. SEND HELP!!!
Bob23