Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Portsmouth Rating

Started by reedtg3, October 11, 2013, 10:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reedtg3

Greetings:
US Sailing appears to have assigned a Portsmouth Rating of (103) to the Sun Cat in wind conditions from light breezes to gentle breezes. :-\  Does anyone know why the number is in parenthesis, whether the number is accurate, or whether the boat rated is our beloved Suncat (the boat US Sailing rated is listed with the centerboard classes)?  The Massabesic Yacht Club in Manchester, NH, assigned a rating of 107.3 to the Com-Pac Suncat in 2008.  ;D
I will be "racing" Cattail tomorrow in the CFYC's annual Clemens Cup Regatta on Lake Harris.  OK, it's a cruising boat "race."  No big deal, really, but there will be trophies awarded and bragging rights conferred.  In the interest of fairness, of course, I would like for the race committee to have benefit of the Suncat's correct Portsmouth Rating.
I would appreciate your input.
Tom, CP 17 Sc 377, Cattail

capt_nemo

Sorry Tom, can't help you at all with ratings.

capt_nemo

Tom Ray

If I remember the story correctly from years ago on trailer sailor, that rating was assigned to Mark M for his Sun Cat Daysailer.

Basically, they made the number up! No one knew a good number, Mark wanted to race, so they gave him a number. It's probably in parenthesis because of that, but I don't know.

The reason there's no good number is that no one races Sun Cats. Well, almost no one. ;)