a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Com-Pac 16 Specifications

Started by dontpanic, October 16, 2013, 04:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpanic

Not sure who keeps up with the Specification Section Above: It is very helpful, but there is at least one significant error.  It lists the main sheet length as 35 ft. This is not even close.  It needs to be at least 45 ft. At least, this true for the older Com-Pac 16 with the four part sheet connected to the end of the boom.  I know there are some models where the main sheet is connected to the middle of the boom, perhaps 35 ft. is ok for those.

This came up because the previous owner of my recently purchased 1981 Com-Pac 16 had purchased a new main sheet and new halyards that he gave me to install on the boat.  Sadly, they were all way to short.  At the high cost of quality running rigging that was a shame, since I have to go out and buy all new anyway.

My suggestion is to use any old line you have on hand, and install and measure with the sails at that furthest extent (and allow a little extra) prior to purchasing.

Hopefully, the right person will see this and correct or clarify the Specifications Section

Thanks!

Don't Panic