a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New CP25 in the driveway

Started by TedW, October 26, 2012, 01:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedW

Just pulled our new CP25 from Marquette MI to our home in Tawas MI. We've been boatless since selling our CP23 last year. She's hull number 20, built in 1999 and she is the talk of the neighborhood. Not fun going across the Mackinac Bridge, 20 mph, not too windy. Hope to be sailing under the bridge next summer. Spent 5 hours going over the boat, cleaning and getting acquainted with all the different features compared to the 23. Many more hours to go before the spring launch. She's tiller and outboard equipped. Just like our 23, so some things will be the same. The headroom is great. My wife and I aren't getting any younger. (back issues)

Smier

Just teasing you, how about some pics of your new boat!!!  Congrats by the way!  Can't wait to see it.

TedW

Sorry, I'm feeling lucky to have figured out how to just post on the site. She's shrink wrapped down to her blue hull stripe anyway so there's not much to see. I'll get the grandkids to post some when we get her really spruced up in a few months.

Salty19

Quote from: Smier on October 26, 2012, 10:36:53 PM

Just teasing you, how about some pics of your new boat!!!  Congrats by the way!  Can't wait to see it.

Don't mind if I use that picture sometime?  Hilliarious.

Ted--Congrats on your new 25. I bet she is a real looker!  Welcome to the forum too...you find a ton of info by reading back in the sub-forums.

Yep, have the grandkids show you how to post pics It's actually not hard and once you learn.  Pictures really add to the forum--i can't wait to see a blue hulled CP25. A picture is worth a thousand words :)
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

DougN

Ted,I just today saw your post.Congrats on your movin' on up.I don't have the picture thing figured out either,I can get them on photobucket but still can't post them here.I'm just down in AuGres,so I'll be watching for you in the spring.I have a cp23 "Windblown" with a maroon hull.Hope to see you out there.Doug

TedW

Doug, Good to hear from a fellow Com-Pac owner. We'll be keeping our boat at the state dock in Tawas. As our new boat has an actual ice-box we'll have even more room for cold drinks. You will be more than welcome to imbibe. See you in the spring.
Ted.

djweir

Think I talked to you at Jerry's.  I'm the one with the ComPac 27.  Had to delay our launch a couple of times but the boat is in the water at Jerry's.  Hope you got your mast up ok.

Don Weir

TedW

Hey Don, Thanks for the tour of your boat. I'm hoping to get some sailing in this week. I'll look for you on the bay.
Ted

InertBert

Quote from: TedW on October 27, 2012, 08:59:42 AM
Sorry, I'm feeling lucky to have figured out how to just post on the site. She's shrink wrapped down to her blue hull stripe anyway so there's not much to see. I'll get the grandkids to post some when we get her really spruced up in a few months.

There is no way I can wait a few months.  I'll even admire a new boat thats still shrink wrapped.  I think I speak for the entire internet on this one. 

DougN

Ted,I was in Tawas today and decided to take a walk on the state docks,saw your 25.NICE!Didn't have my camera with me but next time I'll take a picture and post it here(finally figured it out after countless tries)again,nice boat........Doug

TedW

Doug, Sorry we missed you. We had just returned from a few days sail up the east side of Michigan. Had a great time on the boat but had to leave to take care of things at home (cut the grass, etc.) Will you be launching in Tawas Bay any time soon?

DougN

Ted,I'm still in the front yard,just finishing up the ss rails.Hoping to get in this year,lot's of family commitments but that's a good thing.Just put in my friend's 23.He's at Sager Creek just across the river from me.We were up by you Tues,nice sail.We'll keep an eye out for you.......Doug