a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sail Care sails

Started by Bill Pfanstiel, March 23, 2006, 04:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Pfanstiel

I just got my mainsail back from Sail Care. The sail looks brand new! I had them recondition the sail, add a second set of reef points, sew on new insignias and numbers. I'm really looking forward to getting out on the water to give it atry, I'm sure I'll be pleased. Mother's day is my target date for launch.

Craig Weis

I often wondered how they did. Can I consider this a thumbs up?
Things I like about my jiffy reef points is having lines through the grommets, knotted off to keep the reef lines on center. I think it makes my boat look more nautical, may not be the best for the sail but it's neat anyway. skip.

Mercrewser

Quote from: Bill PfanstielMother's day is my target date for launch.

Why, is that when the cast comes off????? :D

Bill Pfanstiel

The cast comes off April 7. I am removing all the bottom paint ,hull sustained some paint loss after a bad bounce on the trailer last year.Some areas of paint around the bunks flaked off down to the gel coat(Not the gel coat thank god). I figure that this is a good excuse to inspect the bottom and recoat the barrier coat as it was applied when the boat was new in 1987. I will then repaint her Bottom . I figure by the time I get this and a few other things done it will be mother's day at the earliest. At least that is the plan. How is the Chris Craft coming?

Mercrewser

Quote from: Bill PfanstielHow is the Chris Craft coming?

Its coming........ :? Lotta work needed there.