Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

My YouTube Channel

Started by MacGyver, August 23, 2012, 08:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up, I have a YouTube channel that I run called DIY DAVIS (I think that is right) and I will be posting some vids soon about some of the products I use on the boat for all the repair work I do.
The 19 is slated for some serious business this winter, so I plan to make several videos detailing what I am doing and all that.

DIY DAVIS was started by me after my lightning strike to get me started doing something, and I never really did much with it. I thought that using it to show you all boat work (something I am really well known for) and how to do it the right way is something I enjoy doing.
Boats cost a ton, and you want to protect the investment. Why not do it while keeping the value up as well?

This is not to say that my way is the 100 percent right way, Everything is open for opinion obviously (like caulks......) but atleast you will be able to see exactly how I do things, and maybe it will help you all to do these things as well.

Anyway, Ill post a video soon I hope about West System stuff (I am not endorsed in anyway by any products) and kind of go through it.
Another will be about bottom paints.

The 19 will be pulled soon, so hopefully I can start some repair vids soon.

Hopefully they will be good!

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

Billy

I can't wait. Lots of projects I want to try, but just too scared.

Even though my boat is 29 and she is in excellent condition, she is still 29 years old. Very oxidized, and a few spider cracks. But all that just gives her character and allows me to enjoy the party at the dock with out having to worry about the gel coat. But still looking forward to some deeper explanations on fiberglass repair and work.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Mack

I know this is an old topic, but I did a search for this Youtube channel and didn't find it.  Anyone have a link?

MacGyver

http://www.youtube.com/user/DiyDavis

I have to admit, I dont have much posted to that channel. Turns out my upload speed is really slow, and most of the time the upload fails before it is done, or the network drops it.......

I have tried working with my ISP to fix the issue, but to no avail.....
I cannot afford to get a faster upload rate because I live outside of the city (about a mile away......) and so I only have really one ISP to buy from... The other packages are too high to pay, especially for something that doesn't make me money in return......

I am possibly going to bring the videos to my friends house who has faster internet and see if we can upload them there.

I appreciate you checking it out, and hopefully it will be of some use one day.....

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.