a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sunday Sail Lake Arthur (with Video)

Started by Spartan, August 05, 2013, 08:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I took a short video while sailing on Sunday (Link below). Nothing special, and I'm not big on narration, so just the sound of wind, water and sails.  I hadn't been sailing for several weeks mostly due to my daughters softball tournament schedule.  It was regatta weekend at Moraine State Park and there was a sailing race going on. The winds were 10-15 steady, great for sailing.  We all know the CP-16 is not a speed daemon but I saw some smaller daysailers in the race and I "un-officially" joined in., At least for a one mile leg to the buoy near the bridge.  (Frankly that's all the attention span I have when out sailing to be trying to maximize speed and direction)  It was a good exercise, I did beat the those daysailers to the mark, primarily due the those skippers having some issues with tacking.  I had a good lead until it was a straight beam reach and they made up ground fast.  With the steady wind I was able to maintain a steady 5-5.5mph by my GPS.

Anyhow it was a great day sailing, I need to check the GPS track for my total distance I'm thinking at least 20 miles up and back on the  2.5 mile lake. 

http://youtu.be/UDGr5pga4sE
Tom R.
CP-16 Spartan

Cevin c Taylor