a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sailing the "small craft route"

Started by Joseph, August 19, 2013, 09:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph

Sassy and I just returned from another Georgian Bay adventure in Lake Huron. This time the fun was to try sailing the "Small Craft Route" (a motorboat empire) and see if, while on sail, motorboaters would be more careful when meeting or passing Sassy in restricted quarters...

Here are some pics while sailing through and out the "Rogers Gut":

As for motorboaters... well, there was a bit of everything. Most slowed down to reduce wake at the sight of the sail (it seldom happens when the sail is not up), but there were those who waved as they passed-by and never looked behind... Fortunatelly, the SunCat is a great wave/wake-surfer. I wish I had taken some pics of those waky (as in wake...) incidents, but while they were happening my mind and hands were far away from the camera...

Sassy and I shook off the claustrofobia of sailing narrow passages like the Rogers Gut and the Cunningham Passage by sailing out to Gereaux Island to see the beautiful lighthouse (established in 1870) and the near-by base of the Canadian Coast Guard:

J.
"Sassy Gaffer"
SunCat 17 #365

capt_nemo

Joseph,

Sounds like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing the nice photos with us. Those nearby ROCKS are indeed quite different from the mostly sandy and muddy shorelines here in SW Florida.

Hope you are enjoying your Sun Cat to the max!

capt_nemo