a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

What are the odds…..

Started by Eagleye, June 25, 2013, 07:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagleye

It was our second sail of the season last Saturday and we had ventured to new waters ...the Great Sacandaga Lake.  It turned out to be a great sailing day with a verity of different conditions.  But that is not the reason for this post.

On our way home as we were towing the Eclipse on I-90 I pointed out to Suzie that there was a high-top van pulling a sailboat coming out of the entrance ramp just ahead of us and it looked to be about the same size as ours.   As we drove past them it became apparent that it was another Eclipse and I had to force myself to keep my attention on the Interstate traffic and not gawk!  We slowed down a bit so they could catch up and we could actually verify what we saw.  As they drove past us the couple in the van were waving wildly and smiling at us and pointing to the Eclipse's as we reciprocated.  Then just as quickly as they appeared we lost them in the traffic at this very busy section of the interstate leaving us with a feeling of a lost opportunity to meet a fellow Eclipse owner.  For the next 45 minutes as we drove home we kept a look out for them as wondered what her story was.

About 18 months ago before we adopted the Madame we had the chance to meet with Tyler Hutchins at a boat show. At that time he indicated that there were about 65 or so Eclipse's made.  With that being said, what were the odds that at that brief moment in time, traveling at 70 mph, in that exact location, we would meet another Eclipse?  We lament that here was no time to snap a photo but the van had Virginia plates and the boat's name was "Sunlight".  I did not recognize her from anyone on the forum or from my research from when we were looking for our Eclipse.  

So maybe if the owners of "Sunlight" are watching on the forum, we would be really interested to hear your story!!
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42