a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

two questions: Jib and 3.3 mariner

Started by guingue, June 11, 2013, 04:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guingue

Hi Guys , First I wanna say hi and thank you all for all the great advice here! I sail my CP 16 in the waters off La Ceiba ,mainland  Honduras, Western Caribbean (The Island of Roatan is  north of us). Usually rough  7-10 knots to be able to handle the strong  coastal current from the east  and go places. A lot of fun, I take good beatings  all year round, and sail the heck out of my little "Miss Lastenia". I have to figure things out by myself here for its the only CP 16 I know about in these waters. As soon as I figure it out Ill have some pictures .  I have a question;   how high does the lower part of the jib ( jib tack ') have to be in the jib stay?  all the way down to the deck ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ted

If you search for the word pendant you will see how to purposefully lift it off the deck so you can see under the jib.  I would say this is mostly a personal preference issue.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - The Water Rat