a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Big Pine Key Fl...pics

Started by high tide is up, May 14, 2013, 08:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

high tide is up

Well I finally got the Miss Ellie out on the water Sunday.  It was a beautiful day.  New paint job, pink bimini, new ladder, motor mount and of course the tie dyed turtles I sewed on the sails.

This would be my dog Ellie enjoying her first boat ride on the boat named after her :)

Off Spanish Harbor Big Pine Key
[/img]

Bob23

Hi Dawn:
  Can't help but notice the RonJon towel. I live about 9 miles from the Original Ron Jon in Ship Bottom, NJ.
  The boat's a beauty! Love the turtle.
Bob23

high tide is up

No kidding.  Yep..that's what kind of towel it is!!  Glad you liked the turtles Bob!!!  oh and I tried another site for the pics and it worked much better!!!!

InertBert

I love the turtles!  Looks like Ellie is having a good time.  Have you tried putting the rear bimini bar above the front one so you can raise the back up a bit?  Did the bimini work out well?  was it adequate shade?  obstructing movement? 

Your boat is so pretty, Rachel is dying for some photos of the interior.  And everyone says Hi.

high tide is up

Hi Bert!!!  It was great meeting you and your family last week!!  the bimini worked AWESOME.  I kept it up the whole time we were out and it didn't obstruct the view at all!! The back was a little low for Tim but I thought it was fine but we may try that.  Tell Rachel hello and I'll get some inside pics next.

skip1930

Luv's your dog. I like dogs better then people.

skip.

high tide is up

I love dogs more than people too Skip....here I thought you'd be the one to comment on the "non traditional boat colors" ha ha ha....I was thinking the colors and the sail were maybe frowned upon by the Northern area of the country but here in the Key's they seem to fit right in :)

crazycarl

high tide,

we don't frown on the bright colors, we envy them because they say, "hey, look at me, i'm in the sunshine state"!

look at salty19's boat, every time i see her sailing at clr, it reminds me of tropical locals, bright pastels, colorful umbrellas, very pretty boat.

Carl
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

high tide is up

Thanks Carl!!  I just checked out Salty19's pics and you're right!! I do love sailing in the Keys...can't wait for the weekends to come now!!!!

Deebee

Ellie is adorable. I have a Belgian Shepherd. Had her out on the boat just
once but she was too freaked for either of us to enjoy it. Hope to try to
get her acclimated this summer.

Your boat is pretty sweet too!

ssullivan

what side of the island are you on? i really need to get mine going.

high tide is up

I live on a dry lot behind Blue Hole.  But my trailers in great shape so I don't mind not being on a canal.....