Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Great Weekend Trip!

Started by Billy, May 15, 2013, 12:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

1st let me start with "Man these boats can hold a LOT of stuff"

This past weekend my wife, our 90lbs Doberman, and I took two other couples out to Anclote Key for a camping trip. That is 6 Adults, a big dog, and all of our gear for those who are counting.

At some point along the voyage one of our crew decided he needed some alone time and took a ride in the dingy.

We arrived Thursday evening and set up camp on the North Side of Anclote Key. The tide was all the way out when we arrived, which was great because that was the lowest it would be all weekend and I could anchor my boat with the stern right on the beach. Needless to say, it was still too deep for our dog as she refused to jump off the boat....

We helped the group set up camp as the sun was going down and scrambled to get a fire going.

Then after all was set up, and our bellys full, we embarked on a very relaxing 3 days. Taking in sunsets, kayaking, sailing, and strolls along the beach.

And we also managed to see some interesting wildlife while we were there which included Dolphins, Rays, Egrets, along with many others.

After three days we were out of food and beer and we had sand in places we didn't know  existed. Sadly we left the island to return home from a great trip! I will leave you with a picture that I think captures the "Real Florida", what we get to enjoy on a daily basis, and a picture of yours truly. I do feel very blessed to be able to enjoy this place as often as I do.

1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

InertBert

That sounds like it was a lot of fun, and your photos are great.  The picture of your dog being carried is just too funny. 

Bob23

Billy:
   Your pictures and story really helped start my Thursday off on the right note! Thanks! Love the shot of the guy floating on a raft with a beer and cigar!!!!
Bob23- translated "envious in NJ"

high tide is up

Awesome pics and story.  Hope to do that this summer here from my home base in the Keys!!!

Salty19

Fantastic story and pictures! Thanks for sharing, Billy.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603