News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

What gas tank are you using on your CP 19?

Started by marc, May 12, 2013, 08:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc

Just placed the gas tank that came with the boat in place. It's just a hair too high by maybe 1/8". The seat kind of rocks on top of it with no one is sitting on it. With weight on the seat, the tank deforms slightly so that the seat settles firmly in place. Is this the kind of tank you all have? If not, what are you using?

MacGyver

Oddly our tank looks just like that one, but it is made by Moeller, and is a 3.2 gallon

It fits perfect, without issue.
I purchased ours on Amazon.com, This was its full name
"Moeller Scepter Topside Marine Fuel Tank with Gauge (3.2-Gallon)"

Under my past orders it says it is unavailable at this time, but if you search amazon it might come up under a different seller, or might also come up on the internet at Defender or Jamestown Distributors, etc.

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

marc

skip1930

I'm using the tank 3.2 gallon pictured here. Works fine for my 2 cycle 5 hp. I actually set it up on some glued down UHMW strips and don't allow the tank to sit on the embossed fiberglass ridges of the cockpit sole. Plenty of room.

skip.

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

marc

Looked more closely at what was causing the problem . It was the gas cap that was making contact with the seat. I filed off enough of the top edge of the cap so that the gas tank now fits. Thanks for your input.