a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Sail Cover and Jib Bag

Started by Spartan, May 26, 2013, 12:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Went up to the lake yesterday and took care of several items, rewired my nave lights and added switches, added weather mats to keel area for "carpet" and put the sail cover and jib bag on the boat.  I purchased both on ebay for $60 this winter, (overstock I am guessing) wasn't sure I was going to like the brown cover, but couldn't pass up based on price.  Turns out the brown isn't so bad after all :

Headed back up to the lake this afternoon for some sailing...
Tom R.
CP-16 Spartan

dbinvermont

Dave
dbinvermont
1983 Compact 19

kahpho

Not bad at all. Nice picture too.

mel
'07 Legacy "Amphibian"

slowshoes

Very nice! Any pics of how your nav lights are mounted? I'm going to be adding some myself and I'm looking for ideas/options.

Bill

Bob23

Great, Tom. Such a deal. I like the fact that your cover is so big. It gives the sail room to breath. Many make a mistake of wrapping the sail tight but remember, chafe is our enemy! Congrats on a great deal!
Bob23....with a brown sail cover!

GretchenG

Really nice!  I like the brown a lot.  My boat came with a nasty golden yellow sail cover--that will have to go.

Is that a trolling motor on the transom?  What power and shaft size is it, please?  I'm shopping for a used one, so I'd be interested to hear how you like it.

Spartan

SlowShoes - The lights were already mounted I just ran new wires and added switches.  The stern light is on a 2' pole and through mounted on the starboard side of the aft coming.
Tom R.
CP-16 Spartan

Spartan

GretchenG - I really like the trolling motor it works well in my situation.  I have my boat in a marina at a state park lake.  I have no current, n0 tides only wind to deal with. 
It is a 45lbs thrust Minn Kota Endura.  You do have to cart deep cycle batteries around, but I prefer that to gas.  5 forward speeds, 3 reverse and starts every time with a twist of the handle.  Boat speed is about 2.5 mph by gps max. 

Tom R.
CP-16 Spartan

Spartan

Tom R.
CP-16 Spartan