Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Re attaching the jib?

Started by Glenn Basore, April 07, 2013, 09:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Basore

Hi all,

Back in Febuary while sailing at the Lake Havasu event my sail was damaged ( the ring tore out of the sail where the jib sheet lines attached to) requiring me t have some repairs made.

Taking the sail off the furling unit was a bit of a challenge  and the knots were especialy challenging. Although I took pictures of these knots I don't know if I will be able to duplicate them from my photos, has anyone reattached ther jibs and if so, how did you manage the knots?

I'm not a knot person , I've got the figure 8 knot and bulos knot down and that's it, even my shoe laces fail me!

Glenn

Eagleye

Glenn,
I'm not sure exactly which connection you are asking about but here is link to the CDI FF1 furler instruction manual.    I believe that is the model that is on your Eclipse.  That manual may offer some help.

http://www.sailcdi.com/sailpdf/FF1%20manual%206_12.pdf

Good Luck,
Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Glenn Basore

Allen,

Thanks for the link.

I think when I removed the sail I may have done it differently than what would have been done if I  did the reverse of the installation instruction on this link.

The knots that I untied were unusual in that they appeared to be braided some how to strengthen the knot. Almost like a flat basket weave pattern.

I don't know if Com Pac attached the sail and tied these neat knots or the sail came from Airforce sail assembled on the furling unit?

May be Gerry can give me a better idea of the knot used?

Glenn

Glenn Basore

Up date!

I sent Gerry an email about the knot I was wanting to learn about, he said its a half hitch knot and when tied several times in a row look as though they are braid. Very strong not.

Gerry also sent me a link on this not, looks pretty simple.

Glenn

skip1930

"If you can't tie a knot, tie a lot." I don't know what is to be used on the fueler...

What ever it takes learn the six basic knots and your done. Again, Ctrl key hold down, tap + to enlarge.

skip.