Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

securing bolts along the hull to deck joint

Started by marc, April 08, 2013, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc

Doug,
Took mine off yesterday. Was able to easily do it by myself since the bolts were held in place by the caulk and the nuts were only snug. I had 1 upper shroud chainplate that was bent. Looked it over with a magnifying glass for cracks but didn't see any. I put it in a vice and bent it back to straight. I was surprised by how soft that metal was. It was easy to get the bend out. Not sure that's good!
Marc

DougN

I thought the same thing when I srtaightened mine.Thats why I made new ones out of 1x1/4.You could call Compac for a price on replacements if your worried about them.I don't know if your familar with this site....marinepartdepotSS.I checked their products on-line and their prices are about the best I've come across.They have what looks like our chain plates for $11.98 and offer free shipping.I plan on buying my life-line harware from them but haven't acually dealt with them yet,maybe someone else here has.

marc

I take comfort knowing that your metal was easily bent as well. I'm going to assume that it's that way by design. Thanks for the link to marine depot. Those are competitive prices.
Marc