a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Nav light lens

Started by philb Junkie19, May 27, 2013, 08:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philb Junkie19

From the pics in the Defender catalog it looks like the nav lights on the 16 are Aqua Signal 25 series  .  Is that right?  To replace a lens it also looks like you have to buy the cover as well. Is there an LED replacement for the bulb? I recall some concerns with color and distance requirements with LED replacements but don't know where that stands.

philb Junkie19

Looked a little further on the nav light page and answered my LED question, red green replacement for $44. one watt vs ten.

MacGyver

Marinebeam.com
Check this out, guy at work just bought bulbs from there, 25 bucks each (I think) I plan to order from there when I get more money......

I found it easier to buy the whole light and replace the entire fixture for like 25 bucks (or less)
about 50 bucks a light and youll have all new and LED to boot

Mac
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

philb Junkie19

It all comes back to me now, he said as he p_ssed into the wind.  Nav lights are CG certified with the original type bulb but not with a different type even if its specs meets the color and distance requirements.  So its a sure energy benefit vs a remote chance of a legal slam. With so many operators who are careless or worse, especially at night, its good to have your butt well covered.