a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Appreciation for all the posts...

Started by Matt C, January 24, 2013, 04:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt C

I'm a new Suncat owner ( took delivery about 2 weeks ago)  and due to other obligations my first sail was not until last weekend ( which was great by the way!).  I have downsized from a Capri 22 which I had for 24 years.  I made good use of this forum reading through  a large number of the posts getting useful information as I contemplated various new boat options.  The easy of rigging (my wife will not need to help), ease of launch ( the draft on the Capri was 2.5') and simplicity of sailing ( she can keep reading her book during tacks) were the big drivers for us. Our first impression after one sail is that it's a really great boat.  So, anyhow I wanted to thank all those who have posted and replied. This is a great benefit for those considering this boat.  The many questions I had or would have had have already beeen covered and answered.

Tim Gardner

Welcome Matt.  No need to lurk any longer!  Congrats on the new Suncat.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Hey Matt and welcome:
   Everyone's got something to share to feel free to jump right in...and for the next 48 hours I'll waive the $5000.00 initiation fee that normally would be paid to me in small unmarked bills left in a brown paper bag next to the marina dumpster at precisly 10 pm local time.
   Where do you sail? While I have never sailed aboard a Suncat, I really like them.
Bob23

capt_nemo

Matt C,

As a fellow Sun Cat Owner I would like to extend a hearty welcome to the CPYOA and these most informative Boards.

Looking forward to your posts, with photos of course.

If you have any questions about your new boat this is the place  to ask them. Surely one of us who frequent this site will have an answer for you or can recommend where to go to get one.

capt_nemo

Matt C

Thanks for the waiver on that $5k initiation fee!  This must be a REALLY  exclusive group.     :)

I am in Lakeland, Florida (middle of state between Orlando and Tampa).  I have a reasonably large lake 15 minutes from home for quick, short sails, and then we sail throughout  the Tampa Bay area and beyond when we have time.  We plan to go on the road a bit more with this boat than we had been doing with our last one.  Having done some racing in the past with my Capri, I was intrigued by the Suncat Nationals. Sounds like fun.

I'm sure I'll have questions as time goes on so again appreciate the availability of help.

Matt

brackish

Welcome Matt,

Watch that Nemo fella, he's been known to secretly develop various sailplans for his SunCat that bend the class rules for the SunCat Nationals.  Wait a minute, there are no rules. ;D