a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sun Cat CB Pennant changed easily.

Started by capt_nemo, March 22, 2013, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt_nemo

If you have a trailer with a long board on which the stub keel rests, you cannot easily change the CB Pennant on the trailer. If not, check this out http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/catboat/index.cgi/read/49682

Consider the following alternative:

Went to the nearby friendly boat trailer Dealer. For $30 they raised the boat about a foot up with a sling lift while I changed out the pennant. Whole process took about 30 minutes. Didn't have to hold my breath or brave the 65 degree Florida water.

By the way, after 38 months of boat use the old pennant showed NO visable wear whatsoever! Replaced it with a new one anyway. I can only attribute the lack of wear to the fact that since purchased NEW, the CB pennant was ALWAYS released when on the trailer, putting the CB weight on the trailer and not on the line. This prevented chafing wherever the line came in contact with anything. Just remember to ALWAYS raise the CB up and lock in place before launch!

Happy sailing!

capt-nemo

Glenn Basore

Capt Nemo,

I have been concern for some time now about replacing my center bard line on my 2006 Eclipse. I have thought about different ways to do this and even thought about putting the boat in the water and holding my breath while trying to dive under and replacing the line, I gave that idea up al most immediately , too old to hold my breath for any amount of time!

It's reassuring that you saw no wear on your line, gives me hope that just may be my line is okay. I sail in salt water for a day and store at weeks at a time on the trailer. Not having the center board one taught is a good idea which I will now do.

Glenn B.