a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

I need this part

Started by Welsh Dragon Forge, August 09, 2012, 02:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Dragon Forge

I am a new CP-19 owner and there are a few little things I would like to replace while it is at home on the trailer. The first on my list is the rubber trim all around the deck. Where can I find this?

Salty19

One of the nice things about owning a Compac is the factory is still in operation, and gives excellent support to older models. In fact I'll say they give exemplary support.

They offer the rub rail you need, it's about $5 per foot.  call them and they will ship you what you need.  This goes for EVERY part on your boat.  
Sometimes their prices are higher than the same off-the-shelf part you can buy at your local marine store, but often they are competitive.
More importantly, you know it will fit correctly and won't be hastled by returning the wrong part.

Looks like you have a dual axle trailer.  Very cool, wish we had one too.  Does it have brakes?  Pics?

By the way, I see this is your first post.  Welcome to the forum.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Welsh Dragon Forge

Thank you. I did take a look at what I thought was the ComPac website but did not see any online catalog. The trailer was modified really nice by the previous owner. I like the dual axles. It does not have brakes but I have a heavy duty towing package on my truck. As soon as I get the boat to the marina I will be working on it to have ready for a quick getaway prior to the next huricane here.

brackish

You have to call them.  When I did they emailed me a spreadsheet that had every part available for the 23.  Very Helpful.

Billy

They have two different types of rub rail.
The same you have (for about $5/ft)

and the new rub rail w/ a stainless steel strip down the middle. They use it on the new boats (about $9/ft)

either one will fit your 19. Just give them a call
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Welsh Dragon Forge

Thank you everyone. I will give them a call soon. On to the next items on the list.