a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Seneca Lake Sailing

Started by Eagleye, July 29, 2012, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagleye

Admiral Suzie and I spent a week sailing on Seneca Lake, NY with the "Madame Z".  The Madame was very patient with our inexperience and as the week progressed we learned to appreciate her capabilities and trust that she will take care of us.
Please enjoy the pics of her and the boats that we shared the lake with.

Best Regards,
Allen & Suzie

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/eagleye54/Seneca%20Lake%20Sailing%202012/?albumview=slideshow
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Tim Gardner

Hey Eagle,  one needs a password to view your pics.  You might try loading the one's you want us to see in a new album at the CPYOA photobucket site.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Eagleye

Opps,
Sorry Tim.   I made the album public for now.   If that don't work I will use the CPYOA PB site when I get home tonight.

Allen

jthatcher

great shots!    hood sails would love that last one - very nicely framed..    looks like a great place to head one of these years.    are folks allowed to stay on their boats overnight?     i recall that in new hampshire, even though there are some ocean going vessels on  lake winnipesaukee,   the state does not allow overnight mooring..    i wonder if that is a result of  lobbying on the part of the inn keepers!   

it looks like you guys must have had a wonderful week.    and,  now that the barnegat bay bash has been postponed..  we still have a chance of seeing you down in jersey in september..  how cool is that!
  jt

Eagleye

JT,
Yes, the Finger Lakes are a great place to visit.  And when it is raining or there is no wind there is an abundance of wineries to visit.   

There is no problem staying onboard overnight in NY.  At the marina in Watkins Glen he charges $40 a night to stay on the boat, which includes bathrooms with showers.   

And we too are looking forward to the "BBB Do-Over". 

Take Care,
Allen