a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

how to make my 23cp to look roomer like a 23.4

Started by gina girl, September 30, 2012, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gina girl

Would love to see more creative ideas to create more room.My 23 is  full of a lot of unused space. Open for suggestions

capt_nemo

gina girl,

My Com Pac Sun Cat, much smaller than your 23, also had either unused space or space used inefficiently.

Don't know exactly how your 23 is laid out but here are a few mods I made to my Sun Cat which might provide food for thought. By the way, I designed and installed all mods without drilling a single hole or altering the structure of the boat in any way. They can be removed and the boat returned to "Factory" layout in a short period of time.

Before shot of area under bridge deck.

After shot of Step/Two-Drawer Storage Module installed.

Before shot of Starboard area just inside cabin.

After shot of Starboard Storage Module installed.

capt_nemo

gina girl

Quote from: capt_nemo on September 30, 2012, 09:06:05 PM
gina girl,

My Com Pac Sun Cat, much smaller than your 23, also had either unused space or space used inefficiently.

Don't know exactly how your 23 is laid out but here are a few mods I made to my Sun Cat which might provide food for thought. By the way, I designed and installed all mods without drilling a single hole or altering the structure of the boat in any way. They can be removed and the boat returned to "Factory" layout in a short period of time.

Before shot of area under bridge deck.

After shot of Step/Two-Drawer Storage Module installed.

Before shot of Starboard area just inside cabin.

After shot of Starboard Storage Module installed.

capt_nemo

gina girl

WOW.....Beautiful but........I am not a master carpenter...and on small budget.  I thought I would start by closing off the starboard aft part of bunk area to where the Nazaret opens...put some sort slide out shelves in that space. since you are a wealth of ideas keep me in mind------but simple.
thanks

Bob23

Gina:
  I have a 1985 and the interior is quite a bit roomier than the older ones. I'll take some current photos and post 'em here. Meanwhile, here is a chart table that I built. I removed the sink (way too small) and put this chart table in it's place. It slides out pretty far so it can be used as a table also.

Actually, the photo is of the old table. I have since made it longer and used some white oak I had lying around. The field is white formica.
  My 23 had these lift off panels to cover the storage areas above the bunks. They were awkward and you always had to put them somewhere while rummaging through the storage. I had some leftover Cumaru hardwood and some opague fiberglass panels. I was able to make sliding doors to cover the storage areas. It works great, and you can see though the panels so it makes the boat feel a bit bigger.

More coming soon...btw, where do you sail? I'm in the South of NJ...Ocean County
Bob23
(ps) I don't know why these photos didn't post like I see 'em on Photobucket. Sorry.

Shawn

On the flipside of what Bob did I removed the double burner stove and built a new panel on the starboard side which housed a larger sink (with pressurized water) and a single burner stove. That gave a lot more storage on the port side where the original stove was.

Shawn

gina girl

Beautiful idea.....My sink is right under the steps.good idea to move to starboard side.I wonder,if I could find some sort of ready made stove and sink holder.?  That is an alcohol stove?