a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Why no posts?

Started by Steve, January 28, 2005, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Does anyone own a 25? I'd like to hear how the 25 sails.

Steve

CaptK

Indeed. It seems that 25 owners are few and far between, and with no 'net access to boot. :) ;)
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Craig Weis

I only saw one 25 footer in and around the waters of Sturgeon Bay. It is dockside at 'Harbor Side' during the season at the foot of the downtown bridge. I talked to the owner who is an attorney in Madison, Wisconsin.

skip

spaul

Steve, I tow a cp27 with a very heavy trailer. I use a Suburban 1500 with 5.3 liter vortex engine. No problem whatsoever. If you're talking about a pickup truck then you're rear wheels may tend to spin if you don't have enought tongue weight. I use and recommend a load equalizing hitch, make life easy and safer. You should have no problems with a 25. My cp27 weighs 6000 # empty + 2500 # trailer if that helps.
Steve Paul
cp27/2
IM PAUL SIVE

Craig Weis

Hey owners of Com-Pac 25's...At the All Sailboat show Navy Pier, Chicago in Feb 2006 Rich from Com-Pac had brought a black hulled 25 and boy what a fine boat. The crowd at the show generally was comparing the CP 25 to the Hunter 25 and saying that the Com-Pac had out done the Hunter.
First the price was $85 on the trailer. Drawing only 2'-6". And the fit and trim was far better than the Hunter, so much so that the "Hunter Boy's" had to wonder over for a look~see! And I talked to them and they agreed under their breath that the Hunter costing much more was not as inviting as the Com-Pac 25.
All the Com-Pacs at the show sold.  skip. :wink: