a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Bimini Straps

Started by freekick100, July 02, 2008, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freekick100

As you can tell by my previous posts I'm new to the Com Pac world.  I've purchased a used Eclipse and am trying to figure out how things work and where things go.

My current question is where to connect the straps on the Bimini Top. 

Can anyone help me?

Bob P

Glenn Basore

Hello Bob,

Thanks to Grady who owns an Eclipse all so, I recently got my straps figure out.

one end of the strap goes through or around the teak rails, I think about the second cut out from the edge of the cabin, does that make sense ? the other snaps or hooks to the eye let on the aluminum frame.

I have pictures of this some place on my pc, if you like I can try and find them and later email to you. I m not very good on posting pictures on this site, to old to figure this new stuff out.

Glenn B.

freekick100

I thought they might go around the wood rail (it's about the only place they'd reach) but I was hoping Com Pac would have a better design. 

Bob

Glenn Basore

Well, it is simple.

May be thats why I couldn't figure it out on my own !

I also had difficulty with the snaps and how they connected to the over head rail until I saw the pictures of Grady's Bimini, the cover actually goes on the underside of the over head railing.

Glenn B.

AT

Mine are attached to the stanchion bases.

Glenn Basore

Good idea, I think I might follow your lead.

Nice picture, have you been sailing ?

What lake is your boat on ?

Glenn B.

AT

I sail in Atlantic Ocean (live in Miami). Usually from October till May. It is hot, rainy and humid here in summers.

gradycampbell

I have straps around my teak handrails with D-rings that the bimini straps hook to. It seems that others do not have these. They are quick and easy to hook to, though I like the idea of clipping to the stanchions in that there would be less intereference with going forward.

carol

That sure looks like the 2005 Eclipse we bought in SC last weekend!
The name "Capricorn" is still in exactly the same location.
Now she is in Birmingham, AL
Small World!

wes

Hi Carol - where do you sail? Lake Guntersville? I live in NC but have a brother in B'ham and a cousin in Arab, and have been thinking of a sailing trip to Guntersville.

- Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Billy

AT,
Was that photo taken at the Dry Tortugas?
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

brackish

Quote from: carol on August 24, 2011, 11:33:08 PM
That sure looks like the 2005 Eclipse we bought in SC last weekend!
The name "Capricorn" is still in exactly the same location.
Now she is in Birmingham, AL
Small World!

I looked and considered going to see an Eclipse(ad pictures) that was located in South Carolina before I bought my 23 but I don't think that is the same one.  I bought my 23 on Lake Guntersville from owners who lived in Birmingham.  It is a small world.

Wes, maybe a Lake Guntersville  "rondayvoo" in the future.:)

carol

First sail in the Eclipse was at Logan Martin lake. Good shake down. Went well. 
We are planning more trips soon. Possibly Guntersville, or Wheeler. Would be nice to stay at Joe Wheeler lodge
and have the boat docked right out front.